HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Liquid Story Binder

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Liquid Story Binder   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 5:53 am

A couple of weeks ago I was on another writing forum and they were discussing this neat little tool called "Liquid Story Binder".

It's a marvellous piece of software that has a range of tools enabling you to capture and organise your stories in an endless variety of ways, allowing each user to set it up to suit their own unique writing style. I haven't yet had a chance to explore everything, but what I have seen of it just makes life soooo much easier for me. If you want you can also add images, a playlist, and other media to help your thought processes. There is a name generator, a "brain map" feature, the ability to build family trees, etc, etc. Even better, it's designed to run off a USB stick so you can take it with you anywhere!

I have a novel Banishing they Grey that I have been writing on and off for more years than I care to admit to. (For those who have read it, my short story Life: A Gift is a sort of prequel to this.)

Up until I downloaded the demo version of LSB it was just a jumble of loose leaf pages, exercise books, and word files stored in a convoluted directory structure that made sense when I set it up but now seems far too complicated. Within half an hour of sitting down with LSB, I had already organised a bunch of my notes into chapters, each paragraph being a mini file within the file so that I could drag and drop to rearrange the order but still be able to view it all as a whole if I chose. I now feel motivated again to get all my handwritten notes onto the computer and start work on my book again!

There is a 30 day, obligation-free trial period, so download it and try it out. It's actually a lot of fun!

Liquid Story Binder
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Story Binder   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 1:29 pm

I will definitely check that out! Sounds like a great program to get organised.

Here is something FUN for you to do: I Write Like

I added some text from Murphy and Azra, although I think that was not too clever, so I will try again with another story of mine... It's quite fun actually. tongue

clown They say I write like Stephen King...HAHAHA Judi.... they say YOU write like Dan Brown! clown

Last edited by fredbrenny on Wed 04 Aug 2010, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Story Binder   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 1:35 pm

That's so neat!! I've posted the link in The Playroom and hopefully people will add who they write like, it could be fun to see if we have a budding Jane Austen or Mark Twain or even a junior Shakespeare amongst us!
Back to top Go down
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Story Binder   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 3:43 pm

That liquid story binder looks incredibly cool. It's only 50 bucks too. lol

I do actually miss the way we wrote our stories on TSR. I mean it was a slow process adding the pics but then it's not that much faster on blogger either.
I could just keep the pics small and then add the txt in or whatever, but I'm too lazy to go back and make every pic larger/smaller. That's too much clicking for me.....especially if you have over 25 pics! lol Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Story Binder   Wed 04 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

I actually find blogger a lot quicker than TSR. But that could be because I write in Word and can now copy the text over in one great lump rather than paragraph by paragraph. I load all my pics into the gallery in one hit as well and pop them in where they fit before hitting the XL button.
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Story Binder   Thu 05 Aug 2010, 2:17 pm

I will try this Liquid Story Binder out as well. Thank you for mentioning it. Very Happy

duckeggpie
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Story Binder   Fri 06 Aug 2010, 1:55 am

Illandrya wrote:
That's so neat!! I've posted the link in The Playroom and hopefully people will add who they write like, it could be fun to see if we have a budding Jane Austen or Mark Twain or even a junior Shakespeare amongst us!

Funny you should say that.....I put part 10 of the Dawes Legacy in and it told me I wrote like Shakespeare lol! lol! lol!

I will definitely have a look at this software Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jensonbuttongirl

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Story Binder   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 1:29 am

I've been playing around with the Dossiers feature on this ... it's awesome!

Great, now i have another new toy to play with and no time to spend on it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Story Binder   

Back to top Go down

Liquid Story Binder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Residence :: The Den-
Jump to: