Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I just can't live without . . .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

I just can't live without . . . Empty
PostSubject: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 5:23 am

Have you found a mod/custom content that you simply can't contemplate playing without any more?

Share it here! Tell us what it is, why like it, where you found it, and how it improves your game. Who knows, you might find something new to try out from the list of member favourites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 5:32 am

Extended Game Core

Like Awesomemod and other core mods, this mod does exactly as the name says - extends the game core. It's fully tunable which means you can choose to use (or not) the 40 or so fixes and additives to the game such as oopsie baby, additional CAS sliders, full length concerts at the stadium, planting on community lots, households of more than 8 sims, no more unknown seeds, extra "friendly" interactions between age groups ... and so much more!

Or, if you want to be a little naughty and add things like naked woohoo, there is an adult version available here: BaXiM's EGC version ... NB: you have to be 18+ to register and download this one.
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 10:27 am

Illandrya wrote:
Extended Game Core

Like Awesomemod and other core mods, this mod does exactly as the name says - extends the game core. It's fully tunable which means you can choose to use (or not) the 40 or so fixes and additives to the game such as oopsie baby, additional CAS sliders, full length concerts at the stadium, planting on community lots, households of more than 8 sims, no more unknown seeds, extra "friendly" interactions between age groups ... and so much more!

Or, if you want to be a little naughty and add things like naked woohoo, there is an adult version available here: BaXiM's EGC version ... NB: you have to be 18+ to register and download this one.

Judi, I downloaded it yesterday but, so far, I haven't installed it yet because it looks a bit complicated to me. I will have to print the Read-file and install the thing step by step. I'm so afraid of losing my story families that I want to be sure to have them saved on at least 5 different places. Especially the 'more than 8 sims' household draws my attention. I don't intent to play with such large households but it's good to have them saved together so they won't lose a familymember or friend if having to re-install them.
Thank you my dear, for all those useful tips!

Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 10:41 am

Margo - don't worry, I was a little scared of it to start with too! But the instructions are quite useful, and once you get the hang of it it's quite easy to choose what you want to use and ignore the rest. I probably only use 1/3 to 1/2 of its capabilities because I just don't need the rest at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
spitzmagic

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 5:31 pm

That sounds really interesting, like Margo I'm a bit scared myself. I have never used mods of any sort, soooo scared of them...I would like to see what's under the blur Embarassed however there is no way I would put more then 8 sims in one household. I can't even control the 8 that are in there already hhahahaha.... lol! they don't listen very well lol!
Back to top Go down
Mangio
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
Mangio

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 1:11 pm

I use Twallan's The Master Controller , Inge's Adding Lot Sizes in Edit World.
No Mosaic... i feel like i should not see what should be censored but you know our minds..

I was going to install EGC but it looked complicated...
And some camera mods, great for picture taking. Find em' at MTS Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 12:44 am

I have master controller now because I had to fix up a little skin issue with one of my baby sims, but so far I've only used the Edit in CAS feature to fix up "oopsies".

EGC is a little scary when it comes to tuning the first time, but now it just seems second nature. I swap and mix the bits and pieces I want all the time and haven't had any problems yet (except that I usually have to wait two weeks or so after an update or EP before I can use it)
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 12:54 am

WHAT is EGC ? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 1:25 am

Fred, EGC = extended game core

It's similar to AwesomeMod but has different features
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 1:52 am

I've downloaded the EGC and tried to install it but most probably I do something wrong because it doesn't work with me. Have to read the 'readme' better I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just can't live without . . .   I just can't live without . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

I just can't live without . . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Behind the Scenes :: Secret Laboratory-
Jump to: