Share | 

Other games than Sims...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Other games than Sims...   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 1:17 pm

I won't get that game, because I don't have an XBox, and I don't like to have to shoot and stuff, but for the graphics... WOW! LOOK HERE!!! I hope some day our Sims can be like these characters. The detail is amazing!

Maybe sims 4?

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 1:46 pm

Laughing I love that trailer!!

Unfortunately, you will probably find that it's only the trailer that looks that amazing, the real game won't quite be up to that standard - I have several games where the trailer is fantastic but the game, while of good quality, isn't of the same standard.

Still, the standards are improving all the time so who knows what Sims 4 will look like! I heard somehwere that when they were making Shrek they actually toned Fiona down a little because she looked TOO realistic!
Back to top Go down
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 5:20 pm

Question ...What game are you two chatting up? Is a post missing? Have I got a censor on here that I need to mod out? *whiskers stand on end and eyes bug out with curiosity* bounce

Okay, while I'm waiting for that answer... if this topic is really other games than sims... let me just say... World of Warcraft! And if I could effectively sim my WoW characters, or vice versa... I'd never leave the house. Two of the most-played games in the world merged into one? Yeah... that'd be about the time I turned into outdoor-phobic Jono for real and loved every minute of it. Sims 3 gave that a try with World Adventures I think, what with the 'quests' and tomb robbing and all... just not the same.

But I'm thinking I'm going to be the only one roaming around the rooms here at Simmetry squeaking for a WoW/Sims mash up lmao............ Embarassed jocolor
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 6:12 pm

Rob Laughing It's about Fable III the intro movie trailer. It's in my first post on top of this page and the link is hidden under LOOK HERE. in that post

Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 10 Aug 2010, 2:15 am

What a trailer and oh, that poor chicken. lol

I think a WoW/Sims mash would be very interesting. Our sims would probably be crapping their pants though! It is too cool that you can play it online. Wish EA would get their butts into gear and set that up for us simmers. It was pitiful with TS2.

I can just see my self sim walking down SV plaza, off to see a movie maybe, or catching up with friends (Will & Eliza/ and my TSR buddies lol) and then...OMG, it's Veronika Storm! lol!
Back to top Go down
spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 10 Aug 2010, 3:27 am

Barb looking around scratching head...... confused somewhere I got lost lol! but that's ok.. I'm just glad I wasn't the chicken OMG affraid

Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 10 Aug 2010, 12:23 pm

We kind of did that with the power girl convention. We all got to play with each others sims and have fun, but I know what you mean Jenn... Would be cool if the well known sims would run into each other, but I would'nt want my game to be polluted with for instance Sims made by Zinek
I don't want all kind of weird people in my game... Not their sims nor their creators as masterbrains trying to bork my game and try to make Will and Eliza miserable while they are at the movies... Unless you can just FORBID certain Sims to get access to your game, but that would probably not be possible... bom

Last edited by fredbrenny on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny
spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Wed 11 Aug 2010, 1:31 am

Thanks sis now I understand...it would be really cool I agree, I would want to be able to keep some sims out too, like the one you mentioned ... affraid
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 12:50 am

Illandrya wrote:
Zinek's sims ... are they the ones who look like Mimi Bobeck walked into a crazy mirror and got stuck that way?

Getting to know Fred and Barb in sim form was hilarious!

...wait till you ever meet us in REAL LIFE!!!! LOL Laughing

fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 12:52 am

OMG...... Embarassed
Judi.... I just deleted your post No .... I did something wrong Embarassed
So sorry!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 1:27 am

*snort* ... just can't take you anywhere, can we Fred?

Not to worry, I doubt it was anything terribly deep and you probably quoted the best bit of it anyway!
Back to top Go down
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Sun 15 Aug 2010, 1:16 pm

Very cool. I didn't know whether to feel happy, sad or indifferent at the beginning of the trailer. Poor chicken!
So then I decided to feel sad when it said 'those who look for hope, find nothing to hope for' or something along those lines.

If you see this trailer on TV, you will see at the bottom 'not actual gameplay' or 'gameplay captured'.etc. That way you can tell the difference between the actual gaming experience and animation.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Rosaleena
spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 17 Aug 2010, 1:26 am

Judi You should try to take us somewhere together lol! Fred gets in trouble for tapping the glass at an art museum with a piece of paper and I broke a bouncy ball in the grocery store that was filled with a glittery substance it was suppose to bounce back and the 2nd time it did not *splat* ROFL Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 17 Aug 2010, 2:03 am

oh, good lord!

Actually, I can't talk ... if I told you of the silly way I have broken bones you'd be rolling on the floor in stitches
Back to top Go down
YrS92
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 17 Aug 2010, 12:38 pm

And tripping on your own feet and rolling down the stairs in school when everyone is watching isn't silly? Embarassed Wasn't me... I swear Laughing

fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 17 Aug 2010, 3:20 pm

spitzmagic wrote:

Judi You should try to take us somewhere together lol! Fred gets in trouble for tapping the glass at an art museum with a piece of paper and I broke a bouncy ball in the grocery store that was filled with a glittery substance it was suppose to bounce back and the 2nd time it did not *splat* ROFL Laughing

lol! Laughing Very Happy Laughing the bouncing ball Basketball We should've had a camera with us and...yes... I could have scratched the glass of the painting with that piece of paper... have you ever had a paper cut??? That hurts!!! tongue

Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 17 Aug 2010, 7:33 pm

Oh dear! You really are the troublesome pair! affraid

What seems like years ago, when I was 5, I stood on a rugby ball for no apparent reason. And broke my arm. I really don't know why I did it.

Anyway.. back on topic! What type of games do you guys play? RP, Simulation games (like Sims!) or the classic shoot-em-ups?
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Tue 17 Aug 2010, 8:26 pm

Don't like the shoot them up things... I have played games since the stone age: Kings Quest (all of them) Police Quest (all of them) Leisure Suit Larry (Almost all of them) Myst, Riven, Simcity (Sim Isle; Sim Tower, Sim...err.. everything) 7th Guest and The eleventh hour, I have Big Fish Games.... new game every month, but I quit that, because Sims 3 and being an SA is time consuming...very much so if you are a story teller as well and a build-a-holic... (Right Jenn) Oh... of course... The first Fable and Guybrush Treepwood... he was hilarious in Monkey Island.... Oh...let's see.... The Legend of Kyrandia, Alone in the Dark, Full Throttle (really funny), Indiana Jones, Lara Croft...Tomb Raider, Phantasmagoria,

There are more... have to think really hard now....

RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Wed 18 Aug 2010, 2:39 am

Um... did I mention WoW, WoW, or WoW? Rofl, between that and Sims, about kills all my free time... and a bunch of my time that isn't supposed to be free...

Anyways, back to World of Warcraft ((aren't you soooo glad?)), I play on an 'RP' server, and while that is usually a lot more RP dissatisfying than one might think who had never tried to play on an RP server ((sounds cooler than it actually is, ain't that often the way lol)), I have several real life ((yes, I do have one of those every once in a while)) friends/family I RP/play Warcraft with so that part is pretty cool. I'm an ex AD&D / pencil-paper-dice RPG gamer ((of many games)), although I don't know that you can ever be a true 'ex' of that type of personality... Embarassed Rolling Eyes ... *clears throat, cleans whiskers, chews own tail...*

I'm old enough now to admit all that in a thread like this soooo I guess I'm not actually as embarrassed as my emoticons... ... ... yet, if it weren't for being a 'gamer' by the original RPG definition of the word ((at least at my loooong ago high school Wink )) I wouldn't be much of a writer though I think, since countless of my unpublished writings to date were inspired or related to that activity ((and only ever read by family and other RPG gamer friends... until very recently)).

Was that all off topic? Probably. I apologize... Fred, I too did some of the Big Fish Games ((mostly word games and Ingenious)), but since not only playing Sims but writing with intent ((if not the follow through LOL)) to TSR submit, I don't have the time these days to play much else... I'd need to go to WoW/Sims rehab first. Lmao. jocolor
Back to top Go down
YrS92
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Wed 18 Aug 2010, 10:10 am

I have never been a fan of shooting/war games, way too violent and scary for me Embarassed But I did like the Lara Croft Tomb Raider game I played through with my little brother.. He did all the jumping and shooting, I was the person who found the way to the next level Rolling Eyes

Oh, and did I mention I LOVE the Lego Star Wars game? Laughing It's so fun and actually much harder than you'd think... My guilty gaming pleasure Embarassed

But Sims, SimCity and such are my favorites... But has anyone gotten hooked to those card games on computer? I have, I play them all the time at work... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Wed 18 Aug 2010, 11:40 am

I'm more an adventure game person myself ... my eye-hand coordination is, to put it politely, crappy!

Sims is the only game I really spend any time on, but I do have a Big Fish account and also have Settlers and Age of Empires installed somewhere on my computer.

My favourite game as a teen was Impossible Mission on the Commodore-64 - the only game I could beat my brothers at because it required more brainpower than coordination. I was a big fan Warcraft II but haven't gotten on the WoW bandwagon.

Even my 4 year old niece can beat me at ten-pin bowling on the Wii Sad and my 6 year old nephew kicks everyone's arse in boxing
Back to top Go down
Flatter
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Wed 18 Aug 2010, 1:07 pm

I can't pinpoint my preferred type of game very well. I played loads of adventures in their heyday, in fact my very first ZX-81 game I bought was a text adventure with the inspiring name of "Adventure A" (later I played "Adventure B" to "Adventure D", too). I loved the Infocom stuff! Does anyone remember Gabriel Knight? The first was a comic-style horror adventure, while the gorgeous third part was played like a first-person shooter (without any shooting). But I think I played nearly all kind of games at one time or another. Even first-person-shooter can tell an absorbing story (the first "Half-Life" was a revelation at its time). The Tomb Raider series left a big impression, too.

I started playing WoW right from its start (and it wasn't my first but my last MMORPG), but even though it took me some years before I dropped it in earnest, I got more and more annoyed by the way the play grew business-like. Even on my beloved RPG server stats and rewards became more important than role-playing. The sense of wonder was gone some day, you couldn't talk about the funny earth-shattering way an oger was dropping dead to the ground anymore. Or if you did, nobody wanted to listen anymore. The chat channels were flooded with movie discussions, off-topic provocations and technical game mechanics discussions. People got bored while waiting for the next dungeon group to fill. When the excellent Bejeweled became a popular GUI add-in for WoW to ease the in-game waiting times I knew the spell was over. Well, that's just my personal experience - and the reason why I would think *very* hard before ever playing an MMO again (including a Sims-based one).

Currently I do not play very often. Besides "Sims 3" the only game I have really played for a long time this year was the cute "Viva Pinata" and strangely enough "Left 4 Dead 2" (sometimes I need some adrenaline-pumping violence with joining RL friends, it seems).
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Wed 18 Aug 2010, 1:14 pm

OH YES.... Gabriel Knight... I played all of them!

Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   Thu 19 Aug 2010, 12:54 am

I went to install WoW. Update after update! My internet is just far too slow to download 8GB's worth of information at 40kbps. :/

I think loved the idea of Star Trek online - having your own crew, ship! Exploring the galaxy!

Same problem. Patch after patch. Took days just to download them! Then, when they had finally finished, it didn't work.

Darned laptop/ Windows Vista!
Surprisingly, I do like a few shoot em up games, but they are a bit one-dimensional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other games than Sims...   

Back to top Go down

Other games than Sims...
Page 1 of 1