HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Writing and PG 13

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Wed 01 Sep 2010, 2:05 pm

Oh, Rob, please don't fade into the background, it would be a shame and a loss. It's not as overwhelming as it first appears and there are several of us here who have made the switch so we can help you when you get stuck.

I should probably own up right now and say I'm being extremely selfish here because I really REALLY want more of the Cribts!

Last edited by Illandrya on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Wed 01 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

Yes Rob, I agree with Judi. Don't give up. We all love your story. It's not so sappy sweet; it's really refreshing. You would be big loss. Sad

RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Wed 01 Sep 2010, 4:44 pm

Embarassed *embarrassed lol* I swear to you all, I wasn't intentionally looking for praise to keep posting somewhere... but after reading those two replies I went back and reread what I wrote and it sure does sound like I was pretty needy ((or maybe, er, whiney? )) ... I'm sitting here smiling like the fool I am and you folks are totally awesome I love you

A friend of mine, when I told her about this PG13 thread and she agreed my latest work was more TV MA ((what is that, PG14 these days?)), at least by the TSR rules, her response was along the lines of, 'well, you can go back to doing what you used to do and just write the stuff for yourself.' And immediately I got all worked up with, "But people were asking me questions! I want them to know the answers to those questions!" and of course, the friendly response was, 'Then you're gonna have to learn how to blog.'

lmao... I'll probably learn how to blog. Rolling Eyes jocolor
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Wed 01 Sep 2010, 4:48 pm

Very Happy Fantastic Rob! We all love you very much! I love you cheers

fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Wed 01 Sep 2010, 5:09 pm

I NEED to read your stories Rob! You are an inspiration! Truly... You can always try to submit it on TSR. If there is something that is not suitable, they will at least tell you what it is and maybe it is an easy change of word. If not.. well, yes, I suppose you can always blog. I'd hate to see you go. I am still a TSR friend and find it a great platform for my sims activities. be it building, writing or taking screen shots. With that in mind I can write a story apropriate for a wide audience too.

Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Wed 01 Sep 2010, 9:01 pm

Yeah, Rob! I especially LOVED Tales from the Cript- whoops, I mean, Cribpt*! lol. The screenshots were awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Rosaleena

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Wed 01 Sep 2010, 10:31 pm

Oops, sounds like I'm trying to lure you over to the dark side ... I'm not!

As Fred says, you should try to submit it to TSR and they will tell you where there are difficulties (if indeed there are any). Sometimes it's just a simple matter of changing a word or two and if that's the case you're laughing.

I'm just a cynical, jaded, frustrated writer and you should only listen to half of what I say Smile

Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Thu 02 Sep 2010, 12:08 am

Illandrya wrote:
Oops, sounds like I'm trying to lure you over to the dark side ... I'm not!

As Fred says, you should try to submit it to TSR and they will tell you where there are difficulties (if indeed there are any). Sometimes it's just a simple matter of changing a word or two and if that's the case you're laughing.

I'm just a cynical, jaded, frustrated writer and you should only listen to half of what I say Smile

I love you Judi!!! I love you Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Thu 02 Sep 2010, 1:47 am

thanks Fred ... the feeling is entirely mutual I love you

I'm just feeling sorry for myself today ... spring has sprung and my hayfever is in overdrive
Back to top Go down
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Thu 02 Sep 2010, 2:01 am

Not the 'dark side' -- "Tales from the Flipside" ! That's my new working series title-- and the dark side may just be where it belongs, I think I'm coming to terms with that Shocked
But I will still attempt a TSR submission, more because I'm curious at this point what they'll have to say about it, and because I had already cleaned the first episode up a bit with passing the censor in mind. Why waste a perfectly awful cutting room edit? jocolor
Fred, I will always appreciate TSR for publishing me in the first place, it has been a fantastic new life experience for me, and for that I will always be thankful, not to mention their load of excellent cc... and the best part-- hooking me up with you lot!!!

Illandrya ((every time I think about calling you Judi I see your avatar and I go 'Illandrya'!)), this rat loves you, too, and absolutely hates hayfever! I love you
Back to top Go down
Flatter
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 10:24 am

What a relief to hear you will continue, Rob. I would surely miss your great sense of humour! lol!

I agree with Rob regarding TSR. They gave me a publishing platform when I tried to make comic strips and I am very grateful for that. Without TSR I would never have been invited to Simmetry, too. It will probably take some rejections before my thankful feelings will be worn off. Still, if they'd turn down a story of mine, I would not hesitate to look somewhere else to publish it. (okay, okay, I know I don't have any amount of stories under my belt yet, but you get the idea Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 10:55 am

Despite my negative attitude (which is my attitude generally, btw, not just about TSR or writing), I too am very thankful that TSR gave me a platform to get my stories out there. My writings would still be sitting unread in notebooks and on my computer if it had not been for TSR, they gave me the chance I needed to get started.

Without TSR I wouldn't have met all the wonderful people here at Simmetry.

But

They pissed me off. Taking over a week to approve my stories on several occasions for lame-arse excuses when I knew others had posted their stories after mine yet had them approved earlier. I also knew that I couldn't publish the stories I wanted to tell over there, so I left before the taste in my mouth was so bad that I would never go back.

I miss having readers, I miss receiving comments, but at least I enjoy writing more now because I don't have to follow the rules.
Back to top Go down
YrS92
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 12:50 pm

Don't hate me Judi, but I have to say that the TSR story section has been working quite well lately... I submitted the latest chapter of Gardener's Dream around 2 pm my time yesterday and it was out only seven hours later...

But poor Judi, I hate hayfever as much as you do, I have it too, from March to November here in Finland... Sigh... Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 1:15 pm

*lol* ... I don't hate anyone who still uses TSR, Senja - lord, what a thought.

I'm actually glad for the troubles or I would never have gotten my arse in gear and moved to my blog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing and PG 13   

Back to top Go down

Writing and PG 13
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Residence :: The Den-
Jump to: