Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Writing a simstory scenario?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Writing a simstory scenario? Empty
PostSubject: Writing a simstory scenario?   Writing a simstory scenario? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 2:08 pm

I was thinking that it could be fun to write out a short story as a movie scenario and have others create the screen shots that go with the story... It could be a fun challenge.... To see the differences in how you would interpreted the same story.

It has been done the other way around... create a story around some screenshots (That's how I usually do my sim stories)
Anyone like the idea?

I actually thought of this after reading that wonderful short story that Senja wrote (Prelude)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

PostSubject: Re: Writing a simstory scenario?   Writing a simstory scenario? EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:50 am

That's a good idea Fred! Yes, the other way around is happening all of the time because that's the offer EA gives the simmers. For millions of people the same screenies..... Smile

I started to use the screenies and build the story up around them but nowadays, I write the stories and afterwards play a bit with the sims to look for the fitting shots. That means that now and again something unexpected happens in the game and that I do change the story a bit to be able to use the unexpected events as well.
I think it would be fun to see how we all react to a same story. Let's see what others think about that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

PostSubject: Re: Writing a simstory scenario?   Writing a simstory scenario? EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 9:12 pm

Yes, an interesting idea, Fred.

I write all my scripts first and only once in a while change it up for events in game, with the exception of 'outtake' type shots of course. It would be amusing to see how numerous writers interpret the same material jocolor
Back to top Go down
spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
spitzmagic

PostSubject: Re: Writing a simstory scenario?   Writing a simstory scenario? EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 5:51 am

ohhh yeah that sounds really fun Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing a simstory scenario?   Writing a simstory scenario? Empty

Back to top Go down

Writing a simstory scenario?
Page 1 of 1