HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Now Announcing Barnacle Bay

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Now Announcing Barnacle Bay    Tue 31 Aug 2010, 10:34 pm

It looks like the Sims 3 store is going to give us a new world! No word yet on how much it will cost though.

A Whole New World for your Sims to Explore! An island nestled in the Simuyan Sea, Barnacle Bay is a vibrant vacation getaway with stunning beaches, campgrounds, parks, and a curiously modern downtown. First settled by pirates, fisherman, and artists – the world’s inhabitants now enjoy relaxing at Smuggler’s Beach and letting loose at The Wanderer’s Watering Hole. Will your trip be a vacation or a staycation?

Lower the Jolly Roger, set anchor, and discover the lore and riches of Barnacle Bay. Over the horizon nestled in the Simuyan Sea, Barnacle Bay boasts vibrant beaches, campgrounds, and a new downtown emulating urban life. Venture to locations like the abandoned piers of Founder’s Beach, the ancient relics of Goldbeard Galleon Gallery, mysterious Pirate’s Hideaway.

Take a load off at Hogan’s Deep Sea Diner or The Wanderer’s Watering Hole. Meet new townie Sims and maybe even run into a ghost or two while uncovering the town’s hidden secrets. Find new lots that are ready for moving in or just exploring. Enrich your Sims and their lives in all-new ways with nearly two dozen exclusive items only available in The Sims 3 Barnacle Bay.”

screenshots here
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Now Announcing Barnacle Bay    Wed 01 Sep 2010, 8:30 am

Now, it looks like EA is working fast on offering us all the novelties. We shall see soon enough if it's worth while because "we all want everything around the Sims". Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Now Announcing Barnacle Bay    Wed 01 Sep 2010, 1:35 pm

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for punishment ... I made a pact with myself months ago that I wouldn't buy anything from the Sims Store because they refuse to adjust their pricing when exchange rates fluctuate.

But I can't help it. Some of the stuff I just HAVE to have.

Even if it means I pay ridiculous inflated rip-off prices for it, which means the system will never change because wimps like me will always give in.
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Now Announcing Barnacle Bay    Wed 01 Sep 2010, 1:44 pm

Illandrya wrote:
Some of the stuff I just HAVE to have.
Even if it means I pay ridiculous inflated rip-off prices for it, which means the system will never change because wimps like me will always give in.

Yes Judi, that the problem.... I always say that I can live without cc but I always find myself downloading things. The only thing I really, really cannot resist, is a new world especially knowing it has been made by profs. sunny

PostSubject: Re: Now Announcing Barnacle Bay    Wed 01 Sep 2010, 1:51 pm

Yes, this new world is certainly intriguing. It sounds like it could be played as a residential hood and also as a vacation hood - I think I read somewhere that there are hidden caverns or something to explore - and the whole thing is pirate themed, which could be fun. There's also supposed to be a lot of new content coming along with it, Riverview was the same I guess, but I have a feeling this may be bigger, then again Riverview was free so if they want us to pay they do need to add a sweetener!
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Now Announcing Barnacle Bay    Wed 01 Sep 2010, 4:55 pm

I just hope we would get more building materials. Seeing the same science center and stadium in a pirate setting (which was centuries ago) as in Sunset Valley, sort of disturbs me. But more worlds.. yeah! great! But use different buildings... *sigh* Iam going to get it anyway... Suspect

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now Announcing Barnacle Bay    

Back to top Go down

Now Announcing Barnacle Bay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Residence :: The Kitchen-
Jump to: