Share | 

Back in Business

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Back in Business   Sun 12 Sep 2010, 10:13 pm

I have been away from keyboard (AFK) for 4 days almost. The reason.... my friend Mariska was over to visit. We lock ourselves in my study (spare bedroom) and make new sims, build the perfect house for them and play. You have to know that my friend (Haagje on TSR) is sooooo into details that she gives me a headache from time to time. But because of that (not the headaches, but her perfection)... I come up with stories. She created Chester Field, Marge and Jules Engstrom, Azra....and now The Hanky Family. She is a millimeter person... that means, that even the slightes little detail, that is off color, or off center has to be corrected and that takes...well... about 4 days. What do I get out of it? Much!!! Because I now have a Hanky Family begging for a story. I just need to play them and see what drama will surface...

And yes... sometimes it takes me a while to come up with a good story line...

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   Sun 12 Sep 2010, 10:15 pm

oooooh, I can't wait to see what story you dream up about the Hanky Family!
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   Sun 12 Sep 2010, 10:46 pm

I'm waiting impatiently for that story, Fred. Smile

Flatter
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   Sun 12 Sep 2010, 11:54 pm

Welcome back Smile But what are mere 4 days of AFK'ing? I usually go missing for much longer times (and after coming back never find the time I want for all the unread stories etc.).

For me it's most interesting to see that you get your story ideas by playing with your Sims. I remember my surprise when you told me so at my guest book. I do it the other way around. I think of a story or setting before I even start to create the accompanying sims. I never play with the story sims and I never write stories with my "play sims" (well, ok, I rarely write stories, so that's an easy one...). I am at least as curious as you to find out what evil deeds Ted is about to commit... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   Mon 13 Sep 2010, 12:10 am

hahaha... well... let me tell you this... It's of course NOT true that my sims write their own story, but they do help me finding an intriguing plot or a certain twist and/or turn. Once the main story has settled somewhere back in my brain it's writing time... I do forget my Sims family and will drag them to do tedious photo shoots to get the screens I want. But the initial thinking of a new story usually happens like this... by creating a sim or a family and pay special attention to characteristics and what sort of people they are... The Hanky's are ...well... RICH... but don't have taste. Wheeling and dealing, gold and silver and diamonds. Too much make up too much jewelry...and bad taste... but expensive taste...LOL... I think I can do a story about them, I just really need to think of he drama that is going to take place and which I will have to stage for them. Playing these simmies is like taking notes...

spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   Mon 13 Sep 2010, 5:04 am

I'm like Flatter, I almost always have to have a story line first and the create everything once I know where I'm going. For me though it can turn into a problem, at times I work my way into a difficult area in the story and it sometimes takes me a long time to work it out. Making the Sims do what I want OMG, they don't always listen. I like playing with Barb sim, she can't remember anything and I like playing with Fred sim because she always does the opposite of what I want her to do. I laugh so hard at the those to sims, I have learned to let them do what they want and just go with it. ROFL Laughing
Back to top Go down
anniebonnie
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   Mon 01 Nov 2010, 11:06 pm

Oh!!! New story coming! Greay news
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   Tue 02 Nov 2010, 12:08 am

My new story is called Swamped.... Annie... what happened to your story? With the bot??? That was so great! I would love to see how and what happened there!

martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   Tue 02 Nov 2010, 12:56 am

Here's a bouquet for you Fred. I hope you like these.....

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in Business   

Back to top Go down

Back in Business
Page 1 of 1