Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Write Like ...

Go down 
+6
duckeggpie
fredbrenny
martoele
YrS92
RatRaceRob
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
spitzmagic

I Write Like ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 1:30 am

Oh goodness girls... I love the Vamps Laughing Ann Rice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 3:22 pm

pale pale pale looking creatures... They really should all move to Transylvania and not bother Judi and me
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 7:36 pm

Of course Barb loves the vamps; she is one. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 8:14 pm

No.... can't be.... I've seen her after sunset... She is normal.... tongue
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 8:37 pm

fredbrenny wrote:
No.... can't be.... I've seen her after sunset... She is normal.... tongue

Perhaps she's a vegetarian vamp like the good ones of the Twilight Saga! (I wonder what Barb will think when she reads all this) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/
spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
spitzmagic

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 1:39 pm

ROFLMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing too funny girls...but isn't after sunset the best time for vamps.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 2:03 pm

Nothing wrong with being a VAMP... hahahaha lol!
Back to top Go down
YrS92
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
YrS92

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 12:45 pm

lol Laughing Barb goes hunting every night...

But back to the topic... I have read a great variety of books during my life.. I learnt to read when I was four-something years old and since then I have read hundreds, maybe over thousand of books.. study Needless to say, I love reading... I love to read classics but almost anything goes.. Except horror.. I have seen enough scary things in my life around me that I don't need books(or films for that matter) to get scared pale The only "horror" book I have enjoyed was Stoker's Dracula, but then, that book can hardly be called a horror book... Dark, yes, but scary? Nope Very Happy And Dracula has been the only vampire story I enjoyed reading and I have purposefully kept myself away from the Twilight books and films. My school friends think I'm crazy...

I try to read as many books from different genres as possible because I want to be able to have a real conversation about books, even though I didn't really enjoy them. That's why I have read Voltaire, Marx, Orwell... You name it.. But sometimes one can fall into love with writers or books they never thought they would. Shakespeare started as purely educational reading but now I love the guy. Seriously, both the English and the Finnish versions of his plays. Next I'm going to start with his sonets.. study As soon as I find time...
Back to top Go down
http://breakfast-at-s.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 3:07 pm

*giggle* ... Senja, try reading Dracula with an over-active imagination on a stormy day when the storm outside is so loud you can't hear people climbing the stairs and then jump out of your skin when they knock on the door.

Trust me, in the right conditions it can be scary!
Back to top Go down
Flatter
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
Flatter

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Aug 2010, 4:39 pm

The site said I write like James Joyce, too. Can't believe it. Many years ago I admired his "Ulysses" because of its originality with words, but never finished reading it - my English wasn't up to the task. Probably the analyzing site thought I was very creative where I put my words, too - but unlike Joyce I don't do it on purpose Smile

Back to the topic about great books and authors! Speaking of classics I can recommend "The count of Monte Cristo" from Alexandre Dumas. As a child I had read a shortened version (with 300 pages instead of the 1200 pages of the original version). Years later I stumbled upon the full-length book - and was blown away. No movie adaption, not even the TV series with Gérard Dépardieu (which changed quite a lot of the original story), comes close to the thickness and richness of Dumas' story. If you haven't read it, you do not even know half of it. Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island" is another must-read treasure most people think they know although never having read it.

Oh, and did I already mention Milne's "Winnie-the-Pooh" and "The House at Pooh Corner" Wink?
Back to top Go down
spladoum
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
spladoum

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010, 3:46 pm

When I put in excerpts from my legacies (past and present), the site said that I wrote like James Joyce.

When I put in an excerpt from "The Stones," the site said that I wrote like Isaac Asimov.

Wow. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Write Like ...   I Write Like ... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Write Like ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Behind the Scenes :: The Playroom-
Jump to: