Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tales from the Flipside

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

Tales from the Flipside Empty
PostSubject: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptyThu 09 Sep 2010, 7:29 pm

Tales from the Flipside is a series dedicated to telling the story NOT told in my previous series, Tales from the Cribt. This progresses with both present day and flashback images from the entirely adult angle, and may be fairly called a "spoiler" to readers of the original series. I hope those readers will go ahead and read this (stand alone) series anyway, as there would be no Jules Simanski if not for this load of lovely... Er, enjoy...? jocolor

Find it here at my TSR minisite

Tales from the Flipside (1: Proxy)
Tales from the Flipside (2: Fallout) ((please see Author's note below))
Tales from the Flipside (3: Better and Worse)
Tales from the Flipside (4: Spiral)
Tales from the Flipside (5: Impact)

10/1/2010 - Author's note: Tales from the Flipside (2: Fallout) was altered from the original script so as to be acceptable to post on TSR. The scene that was cut will be posted below in this thread. All future episodes will be scripted as though the scene was unchanged from the original if I can manage it without my cast actually saying it ((i.e. My cast continues to perform as though nothing was changed))

Last edited by RatRaceRob on Wed 24 Nov 2010, 7:34 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 12:08 am

oooooh, I can't wait ... but I'll have to, I'm running late for work as it is. It will be interesting to see who Jono, Jesse and Dani view the events we have already seen through Jules' eyes.
Back to top Go down
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 4:07 am

Best you wait then, Illandrya-- and all others without a nice chunk of time on their hands... Flipside (1), at least, runs quite long. It's actually two typical submission lengths, and I did consider splitting it, but in the end I didn't so as to show the format I'm planning to use throughout the series (present day to flashback to present day). Also, my dialogue shots usually only have one to two lines of text, so half the script isn't as long as it would appear at first glance. I'd say (1: Proxy) will be the longest in the series, but knowing me, no guarantee lol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 2:56 pm

The following is a scene from Tales from the Flipside (2: Fallout) as it was originally intended and remains the overriding reason Danielle Marquis fled her parents to the Simanski household...

Tales from the Flipside W-550h-309-1617190
51) She was suddenly on her feet, hysterical, and talking almost too fast to follow:
“I’m engaged to the son of my father’s business partner—I’m supposed to marry him in the fall—it’s all been prearranged for years—
just like everything else in my life—if I told my parents I was pregnant they’d make me get rid of it—
that’s why I came here—I knew if I stayed there I’d do whatever they told me to do—I didn’t want to get rid of it, Jono!”

Tales from the Flipside W-550h-309-1617191
52) She broke off into sobs. Jono swallowed and stared. Get rid of it? The thought had never crossed his mind.
Faced with it now, the possibility made him feel physically sick. Family was extremely important to both Jono and Jesse,
and as of two years ago, they’d had none in the world but each other.

Tales from the Flipside W-550h-309-1617195
53) The first chance to change that was inside this girl, now sobbing in the Simanski living room.
And she could easily have ended that chance and never told him.

Tales from the Flipside W-550h-309-1617196
54) “Dani… I’m glad you didn’t.”

Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 4:13 pm

You did it good. It is all still there in the submitted story. Especially to us... we are able to read between the lines. Great job Rob, and thanks for sharing the uncut version to us here! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny
Flatter
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
Flatter

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 5:49 pm

Yes, you did find a solution that gives equally good reason for Jono to be glad about Dani's decision, although the reason why Danielle fled the parental household looks weaker (being truthful and self-determined instead of protecting her unborn life). Well done, I think changing the line to the idea I devised ("...if I told my parents I was pregnant they’d load a previous savegame before we had the woo-hoo and made me leave the party early") would have been much worse Wink
Back to top Go down
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 6:04 pm

ROFLMAO Flatter!!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 7:11 pm

Flatter.... You have a good imagination.... ROFLMAO! lol! hahahaha.... It is exactly like movie making! hahahaha!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptySat 02 Oct 2010, 3:00 am

I've just read Tales of the Flipside, Rob, and as usual, exquisite! I took great care not to read the scenes in here before I read the one at TSR and I'm glad I did. From what little we know of Dani's family, I think the one above is probably the more plausible of the two, however the one that was published also gets the message across - Dani is sick of playing the "good little daughter" and really doesn't want to play at "good little wife" either.

Some part of her obviously wants this child, no matter how it came into being. I have to wonder as she obviously knows better, did she accidentally on purpose not use birth control, some kind of subconscious decision? Maybe what she really wants is a sense of family, something she doesn't get at home. Do I detect a hint of humanity and softness in her personality that we hadn't seen before now?

Or maybe I'm just overthinking *lol*
Back to top Go down
YrS92
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
YrS92

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside EmptySat 02 Oct 2010, 1:18 pm

Oooh, thank you for sharing the uncut version Rob... And ROLFMAO Flatter lol! So funny...

I hope the actors behave so you get the photo-shooting done soon Wink
Back to top Go down
http://breakfast-at-s.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the Flipside   Tales from the Flipside Empty

Back to top Go down

Tales from the Flipside
Page 1 of 1