Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes Empty
PostSubject: Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes   Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 12:14 am

I think I found a solution to the crashes some of us experience after installing a new SP or EP. I know that Flatter is a real whizkid, and probably some of the others are, but it's in the DEP and the modifying of the .exe files. So if you have a problem with crashing of the game... I might have a solution! I found out the hard way, and sofar it's working for me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny
Flatter
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
Flatter

PostSubject: Re: Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes   Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 11:53 am

The strange thing with programs is, there is only one clear answer to all of the problems you can experience when you run them: "it all depends". Smile

Fred, you are probably relating to the fact that (after installing any new EP/SP) depending on your settings you need to include the new "TS3xxx.EXE" in the data execution prevention exception list. I agree with Fred that not doing so is probably the most important single reason for TS3 to crash. Just one additional note, though: You may prove me wrong, but DEP-related crashes are very predictable insofar as an execution-prevented TS3 should ALWAYS crash during the very first few minutes (although in seemingly random situations). So if your crashes only happen after an extended period of time, it's got probably other reasons.
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes   Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 2:33 pm

DEP related if:

The Sims 3 produces exception (xcpt*.txt and xcpt*.mdmp) files in the user's My Documents directory when it crashes. To determine if the crash was caused by DEP:

1. Open an xcpt*.txt file with Notepad or your favorite text editor.
2. Scroll down to the [Exception info] section.
3. Behind address:, does it have <unknown module>? If yes, DEP caused the crash. If no, something else caused the crash.

Yes, my game would crash after a couple of seconds of game play. and I did have the <unknown module> text.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes   Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing new EP's SP's and random crashes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Behind the Scenes :: Secret Laboratory-
Jump to: