Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rosaleenas' Decision

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper
Rosaleena

Rosaleenas' Decision Empty
PostSubject: Rosaleenas' Decision   Rosaleenas' Decision EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 12:45 am

Hi all.

I just wanted to tell you all that I am going to do a full story. I promised you all that, especially Margo, I would create a good story - from start to finish.
Violin! was denied due to a teenager flirting with an adult. It wasn't to go any futher, it was simply illustrating that one of my characters was very flirtatious. I am finding it so hard to get screenshots from TS2 based around my writing, e.g: one of the characters sitting on the bathtub. It is hard to write in detail when you don't have many resources - a lack of expansion packs, resources.etc.

I will not abandon y'all here. I am going to write a story based around the actions I can perform in TS2. It's a shame though, I had so many ideas - some that I had written down and some I had not. I had written so much in Microsoft Word for both Violin! and Star Trek: Beta. It is hard to write for STB when, in TSR, you can't describe 'phaser fire' due to that being a reference to battle/weaponry. STB, frankly, would be a bit boring without it's conflict. I have tried hard not to do this, and this is maybe the reason why the Star Trek TV series' have their occasional battles. Not that my writing was especially gorrie, but it was part of the storyline.
I hope that maybe, with Illandryas' permission, that I can post the rest of Violin! and STB here, without Sim screenies. Okay, maybe screenshots of the characters, but the scenarios I write about are particularly hard to get on Sims. I really want to finish them for you. I don't want to leave you without an ending to my stories. I hate the lack of continuation with Experiment IV, which I continued and finished on my personal blog. It is hard to make a Sim story out of EXIV due to my computer not being able to sustain TS3.

I am going to write a story that I can make on TS2 easily. I want the writing to be powerful, aswell as easy to caption with TS2 screenshots. I am just not sure I can continue writing on TSR. Nobody really seems keen to write on TSR any more, except us, and I am finding it quite hard to write with the strict story boundries. It's not that I fill my stories with heavy sexual references, no, It's just phaser fire.etc. Particuarly with STB.

I am going to continue Experiment IV and STB on my TSR blog, especially for you guys here at Simmetry. I will try my best with regards to Simming screenies! I want you all to know how Tess got on in Experiment IV, and how Cpt. Joseph Cross got on with the orion woman. It will contain fewer sim screenshots, but it will have some in there, just to illustrate the characters and what they are up to. Thankyou, Jenifer for you kind comment on my Experiment IV Chapter 7 blog post!

Violin will be incorporated as the new story, one that I shall post on TSR with full screenshots. One that I am going to finish from start to end, no matter how many people read it, or no matter how difficult I find TS2. I will provide you with a full story.

And.. I fell inactive on TSR for a few reasons. Mainly computer troubles (so I retreated to my personal blog and posted my stories there, with fewer sim screenshots).. but, people just didn't enjoy them any more. I rely on peoples' feedback, which I shouldn't really, but I do like to hear how people find my story. It's not just my story.. the TSR section is dying, really. I think I need to help revive it, now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Rosaleena
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Decision   Rosaleenas' Decision EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 3:16 am

[quote="Rosaleena"]Hi all.

I hate the lack of continuation with Experiment IV, which I continued and finished on my personal blog.

Hi Rosie. Why don't you publish your stories then on your private blog and give us the link?
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Decision   Rosaleenas' Decision EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 4:40 am

Good luck with reviving the story section - I have a very jaded opinion of how successful (or not) that will be.

The restrictions on what can be used in screenshots and text is one of the reasons I no longer publish on TSR. All my work (with the exception of one recent short story) is on my blog.

Sure, I don't get anywhere near the readers I used to get and even fewer comments, but I can write my story the way I want to write it without having to worry about offending someone.
Back to top Go down
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper
Rosaleena

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Decision   Rosaleenas' Decision EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010, 2:00 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Exactly what I am going to do, Margo. But, since my blog has quite a lot of personal information on it, and you never know who might be reading, I will create a separate one.

Well, I don't mean solely trying to revive it on my own, but I suppose it would help a bit if I comitted something towards it.. I'm not sure. I think I shall stick with my blog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Rosaleena
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Decision   Rosaleenas' Decision Empty

Back to top Go down

Rosaleenas' Decision
Page 1 of 1