Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper
Rosaleena

Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery   Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery EmptyWed 25 Aug 2010, 2:05 pm

Hey all!
Just thought I'd update you on what I have done so far.

I have sucessfully moved my blog to a domain which I own, using wordpress. This means I can install whatever I like, as it is my domain, and use up as much space as I like on the server. Woo! (I will post the new link to my blog in my thread at The Grand Library. All your comments are still there).

Second of all, I have come closer to adding a separate Storytelling section to my blog - basically, this will enable me, and hopefully you guys too, to add our own stories to the site in the similar way that TSR does (upload sim images, add captions/descriptions, titles, and it appears quite like a photo album). Another woo is in order!! Smile

So soon enough, we will be able to upload sim images onto the site, with descriptions, and hopefully comments as awell - just like the TSR system (well, with our own touches obviously).
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Rosaleena
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper
Rosaleena

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery   Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 12:10 am

Another update*:

I will be mucking around quite alot with radhab.co.uk/ tommorrow and Friday, as I will be experimenting with different content management systems, galleries.etc, so we should hopefully have our own story site soon.. should be as simple as TSR.

If you see the site change, don't worry. Radhab is in an experimental stage right now, so bear with me.
Back to top Go down
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery   Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 11:37 am

I think I aready mentioned around here "late to the party" in reference to myself ((I'm a fly by night forum poster (and not just because I work a night shift), I'll be gone a week or two and then show up without warning with waaaay too much to say Wink ...)) -- but here I am, late to the party.

Are you really making a site for us all to share work like on TSR? I have a post somewhere on the PG13 thread that mentions I'm on the brink of not sharing the series I've just put a whole lot of time into, since I'm 99.9% certain TSR won't accept it, and as far as creating my own blog site, overwhelmed = quitter (I am not proud of this particular trait in myself, but there it is)...

I hope I'm not misunderstanding here, or posting in the wrong place-- I'm sneaking this in while at work, and I'm soooo far behind on all the threads here, it would probably take me hours I don't have to locate where I need to be, so please forgive me.

I really really hope this is true.
Back to top Go down
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper
Rosaleena

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery   Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:22 pm

Hey, Rob, good to hear from you!! Yeah, work and real-life can be time-consuming!!

I have managed to develop a script very close to that of TSR. Upload pictures (story images), click on link, pictures appear with captions (story paragraphs), along with a previous/next button. As for others uploading stories, I have made some progress with a user-system (I am using Joomla! so it is quite easy to intergrate), but I am not quite there yet. I should be soon!

The site is looking boring, but I want to get the technology working first before I muck around with banners and textures.etc!
Back to top Go down
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery   Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 5:45 pm

Very exciting news! I look forward to reading more of your progress Very Happy
I picked up a book recently (yes, it is in fact called... Blogging for Dummies ) and most of what I've gotten out of it so far is ...I need to read more lol. And the time I should be spending doing that, or actually setting the thing up, I've been spending on the story that's caused me all the "most likely to be rejected" trouble instead. Basically, I'm facing having my next entire series finished before I actually set up a blog to post it myself, and if it comes to that, I hopefully will, and put the link to it in The Library here. But if this idea you're working on, or something similar, comes along first...
Yee-haw! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper
Rosaleena

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery   Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

Haha glad to see you are very eager, Rob!!

Update**: I have created a user system so that people are able to sign up to the site and submit articles/stories for the website, which will automatically appear on the front page.
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery   Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 9:17 pm

Interesting news Rosaleena! When i have some time on my hand I will definitely look into it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery   Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery Empty

Back to top Go down

Rosaleenas' Status - Blog/Gallery
Page 1 of 1