Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Set up of scenes

Go down 
+4
YrS92
RatRaceRob
martoele
fredbrenny
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 4:15 pm

Most of us know that we need to turn off free will and use the cheat moveobjects on in order to get your Sims in position and STAY in position before you say: roll camera and action... What a lot of people don't know is that afterwards, you should restart that game, because moving your Sims around (like picking them up and place them in your desired position) will make the game very unstable. Sims will walk thru ceilings and floors and stay there, never able to find their way back. So after a major photo shoot, start up your game again and all will be fine! bounce Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 6:22 pm

You're so right Freddy. That happened to me. I told you so. Thank you for helping me out of that problem. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:00 pm

Holy cowplant! Is THAT why that's happening? Does the restart fix the problem entirely, or does the corruption hang around somewhere in there if I was feeble enough to have saved that game between shoots? Margo, I can't thank you enough for solving this one for me, the Simanskis (to name one family of several) thank you as well, for they were getting pretty sick of getting lost in their own yard ((not to mention having their very lives threatened if the director wasn't paying attention to the fact that one was stuck in Elsewhere and, hello, passing out or starving))!!! Very Happy

As for the turning off of free will... I'd probably save myself loads of frustration and virtual film if I would actually adhere to this rule... but then I wouldn't get the outtakes I get, and watching them slide into their own choice of idles and interactions when I've let the leash slip has actually resulted in a few of the shots I've used in-story rofl... Still, I do not debate you-- what should have been a single hour of shooting can easily turn into several hours when you give them the chance to behave the way they want to Wink jocolor
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

Restarting the game fixes the problem entirely Cool
Back to top Go down
YrS92
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
YrS92

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:12 pm

With the Gardens I never use any photo-shooting(or once but I'm not going to spoil it) since the whole thing is that they live their lives and I just tell the story Smile

But with my another story... That'll take so much work when I'll start creating the screenshots Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://breakfast-at-s.blogspot.com/
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:18 pm

Sooo embarrased... Fred, Fred thank YOU for solving the 'It's dark in here and I can't find my out' glitch... did I mention I was new to forum writing? lol... Margo was the poster behind me and I fixated there... Anyways, ding dong the glitch is dead!!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:36 pm

Yes Rob, it was Fred who saved me as well. And aren't you happy now that you're in this forum? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:30 pm

If I'm going to be using moveobjects on for scenes, like Fred says, I don't save, I just high-tail it back to the main menu then re-load the family I'm using.

Funny story - setting up the scene in my latest Merindylen chapter where Reosin throws the bowl at the wall, I had him playing football with Straefyn on the roof of the castle, then just moved him inside once he was posed correctly. When I hit unpause, he was still throwing the football (and catching it) ... it must have gone through some magic portal because Straefyn was one floor away on the complete opposite side of a 60 x 60 lot and was still catching and returning *lol*
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:46 am

Margo, It just occurred to me... Suspect could it be it was that stupid glitch with Cazarupts boat in the first place? So the boat was not borked, but the sims were behaving like crazy because of the moving around?

...oh and Illandrya... That was funny! I had some similar things with the Fred & Barb stories.. hahaha... They would all wet their pants because I turned off free will and had them sit and talk forever... LOL... just to get that cool shot... Twisted Evil evil me
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:50 am

Yes Fred. I'm sure of it. Embarassed Fortunately I haven't told Cazarupt about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 12:53 am

Oh Gosh... now Alisdair is wondering what the heck is wrong with his boat... poor guy... well... he is very young.. let's say nothing... it will blow over..LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 1:06 am

Do you think Alisdair has noticed that? I didn't tell him anything and he, most probably didn't read the story. Neutral
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 1:11 am

I think you are absolutely right! Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 1:31 am

Rob ... turning off free will doesn't stop the idles. They will still spontaneously clap and cheer while you are setting up a serious scene or get a goofy look on their face while their partner is declaring undying love Very Happy It also won't stop them getting out of their chair if they don't feel like sitting down. It just means instead of taking a whole day to take 5 screenshots, it only takes 12 hours Laughing
Back to top Go down
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 2:59 am

Fred - thank you letting us know. I haven't yet moved any of my sims around but I might in the future.
I actually leave free will on, like, all the time. It annoys me having to change the settings all the time too. lol Lazy...I know.

Illandrya - The other thing is my loading time is quite slow atm because I have a fair few package files in game. So if I don't have to go back to the main menu and reload into my family I will avoid it!
Some of the package files are just too good to give up! I should really find them and then install them as a sims3pk file...but once again, lazy.

I've got some questions about Mods so I'm going to create a different post. Wink
Back to top Go down
RatRaceRob
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
RatRaceRob

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 3:47 am

Illandrya... You mean Jono can still give me attitude every time I tell him to do something even if I turn free will off? How is that fair?! LOL jocolor Thanks for the tip Wink
Back to top Go down

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 1:14 am

Yep, that's exactly what I mean Laughing

Even hitting pause doesn't seem to make them stop instantly, it's as if there is a little bit of momentum and they just can't help themselves
Back to top Go down
duckeggpie
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
duckeggpie

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 2:04 am

YrS92 wrote:
With the Gardens I never use any photo-shooting(or once but I'm not going to spoil it) since the whole thing is that they live their lives and I just tell the story Smile

That is what I do with the Dawes Legacy....I have't moved them for photos with moveobjects at all
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jensonbuttongirl
Mangio
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
Mangio

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 1:14 pm

Argh!... restarting the game.
I never realized that. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the advice, might not picture take with the moveobjects cheat for sims.
Too much work Razz
Back to top Go down

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 12:41 am

Just want to share another "uh oh, I used moveobjects on" moment ...

Chloe (my WYD? baby-momma, who will be appearing on my blog soon) was putting the baby in the crib just before I started rearranging the furniture. I thought I'd cancelled the interaction but apparently I didn't, so when she lay the baby down, her arms stretched behind her into the other room and the baby magically appeared through the wall and in the crib. Mother and baby appear to have survived intact with no lasting side-effects.
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 12:57 am

Illandrya wrote:

Chloe (my WYD? baby-momma, who will be appearing on my blog soon) was putting the baby in the crib just before I started rearranging the furniture. I thought I'd cancelled the interaction but apparently I didn't, so when she lay the baby down, her arms stretched behind her into the other room and the baby magically appeared through the wall and in the crib. Mother and baby appear to have survived intact with no lasting side-effects.

That is just too funny! I had one of my sims (while having a birthday from kid to teen) turn into a hideous dwarf... not for long... it turned out to be OK... but I was almost thinking of a new story there for a sec...
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 1:49 am

fredbrenny wrote:
Illandrya wrote:

That is just too funny! I had one of my sims (while having a birthday from kid to teen) turn into a hideous dwarf... not for long... it turned out to be OK... but I was almost thinking of a new story there for a sec...

Judi, I've seen that often as well; the arms streching the baby or someone else when you move them. It's very funny!

Fred: Matty, while visiting Raph, received lessons from Cynthia. Afterwards he went inside and then suddenly he disappeared. He's nowhere, not even with his own family. So he's missing. Could be something for a story as well. Fortunately I have all these sim-families on the other pc as well.
Back to top Go down

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 2:04 am

Matty has gone missing? Definitely sounds like a story, Margo!
Back to top Go down
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 2:43 pm

Matty is missing???? You have to be kidding!!! Did he get stuck somewhere???
I think that is enough for a good story, Wink I have to agree with Illandryjudi
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 7:25 pm

fredbrenny wrote:
Matty is missing???? You have to be kidding!!! Did he get stuck somewhere???
I think that is enough for a good story, Wink I have to agree with Illandryjudi

I had the 'testingCheatsEnabled' on and had added Matty to the household in order to make him do what he was told but when I got out of the cheat, he simply disappeared! Yes, I agree; it's a good argument for a story but first of all I have to think it over twice.... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Set up of scenes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set up of scenes   Set up of scenes Empty

Back to top Go down

Set up of scenes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Behind the Scenes :: Secret Laboratory-
Jump to: