Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mod, mods, and mods!

Go down 
+3
fredbrenny
RatRaceRob
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

Mod, mods, and mods!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod, mods, and mods!    Mod, mods, and mods!  - Page 2 EmptyThu 02 Sep 2010, 1:39 pm

RatRaceRob wrote:
Greetings and another late post-- just wanted to add my name to the list of folks purposely running sims on the "downgrade" XP to avoid Vista. Yep. Me too. Although my computer buddy is pushing for me to go Windows 7, so I may be doing that within a month or two ((but I hate the idea of reinstalling everything also, Jen No ))

Hi Rob! Just do as you please. I hate reinstalling everything as well but I assure you that Windows 7 is very good. This actual computer has Windows 7 and I'm so pleased with it that I upgraded my laptop as well to that OS. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/
Flatter
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe
Flatter

PostSubject: Re: Mod, mods, and mods!    Mod, mods, and mods!  - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:24 am

Couldn't resist to post even later than "Rob the late post" Wink

I switched to Vista 64 bit as soon as it was possible because that allowed my PC to facilitate more than 4 GB RAM. Due to adressing limitations of 32-bit operating systems (2 to the power of 32 = 4 GB) the graphic adress space plus the OS adress space reduces the available adress space for programs (which is one reason why your XP system info tells you to have less than 4 GB available RAM even if you do have 4 GB of RAM chips plugged in). With graphic cards RAM getting bigger and bigger all the time, 32-bit OS are no good investment into the future (and XP 64-bit was never stable).

From what I've heard Windows 7 is indeed improved over Vista, but I'm not only lacking the money to upgrade, I flinch from re-installing all the programs. My PC runs fine and fast, so I don't have the urge to change an already stable system.

Back to topic: I am probably the only one not using a single mod yet. I have Sims 3 on autoupdate and never had a crash or anything. My fear is that even if proven mods have never caused any problem, I am sure the moment I'd picked one the next update would cause it to crash my game affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mod, mods, and mods!    Mod, mods, and mods!  - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 12:31 pm

I've switched Sims 3 over to running in XP compatibility mode. It's still not perfect, but it seems to be running a lot better than when it was running on pure Vista.

EDIT: Weird thing, works smoother, but crashes to desktop every ten minutes ... aarrgghh, can't win!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mod, mods, and mods!    Mod, mods, and mods!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mod, mods, and mods!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Behind the Scenes :: Secret Laboratory-
Jump to: