Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?

Go down 
+2
martoele
Rosaleena
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper
Rosaleena

The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? Empty
PostSubject: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 1:11 pm

Okay, this question has been asked MANY a time! But I am asking the storytellers of TSR.

Do you prefer TS3 or TS2 for these things:
-Storytelling
-Playing for pleasure (raising families, completing wishes.etc)
-Importing Custom Content/Making Custom Content

It's weird, but yesterday, I hit an awful wall when I decided to play for pleasure on TS3. I can't buy any groceries or use the fridge. My poor starving sims. It's quite laggy for my computer, too. And the one thing I am wondering is this, 'Should I re-install TS2?'
If I did that, I could only play TS3 for storytelling - it would probably be even more laggy due to me installing TS2.

I want to play for pleasure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Rosaleena
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 4:50 pm

Rosaleena wrote:
Okay, this question has been asked MANY a time! But I am asking the storytellers of TSR.

Do you prefer TS3 or TS2 for these things:
-Storytelling
-Playing for pleasure (raising families, completing wishes.etc)
-Importing Custom Content/Making Custom Content

It's weird, but yesterday, I hit an awful wall when I decided to play for pleasure on TS3. I can't buy any groceries or use the fridge. My poor starving sims. It's quite laggy for my computer, too. And the one thing I am wondering is this, 'Should I re-install TS2?'
If I did that, I could only play TS3 for storytelling - it would probably be even more laggy due to me installing TS2.

I want to play for pleasure!

Hi Rosaleena! If you want to play for pleasure just re-install TS2 if you feel like it. I play with TS3 but now and again I miss TS2. I have not deleted TS2 from my computer. Now and again I go back. Doesn't matter whatfore, either for playing or for storywriting. With both it's great to write stories but both have their pros and cons. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/
Rosaleena
Paperback Pauper
Paperback Pauper
Rosaleena

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 8:36 pm

Yeah, I just re-installed it Smile. It runs like a charm! TS3 doesn't.

Thing is, I'd like to convert my stories onto TS2. There are so many Sims 2-friendly Star Trek items out there that I could really benefit from, including pre-made bridges, textures, uniforms.etc. What do you think? Should I go with TS2 for my stories, and keep all characters the same? The thing that worries me, though, is the lack of continuation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Rosaleena
fredbrenny
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 9:08 pm

It probably takes time for sims 3 to get where we want it to be. We have accustomed ourselves with sims 2 so we know every nook and cranny, but in time that will be the same with sims 3. I have un-installed everything sims 2 just a month ago....
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/fredbrenny

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010, 2:43 pm

Having never written stories for Sims 2, I'm not really in a position to judge. Then again, I don't see myself as writing sim stories; I write stories and just use sims as illustrations, so it probably wouldn't matter.

With gameplay I think for the most part I prefer Sims 3, but there are some bits and pieces from Sims 2 that I miss like being able to bathe babies and toddlers, university, memories, chemistry. We are only on EP 2 though, so some of these things may still reappear in Sims 3 in some form or another.

Hard to tell with custom content - I'm more adventurous with Sims 3, not so concerned with keeping my game vanilla now that I am used to it. I couldn't honestly say that I use more custom content or dabble in creations because it's easier, it's more that I'm not as afraid of it ... bad choice of words, can't think of a better one though.

Back to top Go down
spitzmagic
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
spitzmagic

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 1:12 am

Yeah, I have removed all my S2...I tried to go back, but now I've been with S3 too long...I found that I was limited with S2 however I really miss alot of stuff...like Judi I miss University and Pets. I miss the hot tubs and spiral staircases the elevators, the thunderstorms...and so on and so on LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 2:04 am

Hot tubs and elevators will be back with Late Night ... woohoo!!
Back to top Go down
martoele
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
martoele

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010, 2:17 am

Illandrya wrote:
Hot tubs and elevators will be back with Late Night ... woohoo!!

Those are the things I like as well but, like Barb, I miss all the stairspossibilities we had in Sims2. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://martoele.wordpress.com/
Small Time Scribe
Small Time Scribe

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 4:05 am

I luvvvv TS3 but if I was only going to play for pleasure I would play withTS2.
There are so many expansion pks, and cool places to take your sims. Not too mention no rabbit holes!! I really dislike those in TS3.

It peeves me off that EA didn't change this, even for the base game. Of course we want to see our sims shopping at the gorcery store, book store, or eating at the diner...and not necessarily outside either!
Sorry, bit of an outburst there. Neutral Smile
Back to top Go down
YrS92
Blockbuster Writer
Blockbuster Writer
YrS92

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 10:16 am

I love them both... TS2 was amazing because I could personalize it much more, I and mum had this amazing Victorian neighborhood, even the townies were wearing these Victorian outfits, all the carpools and such were replaced by horse carriages and... Do I need to go on? Smile Sadly I can't really do that in TS3, mostly because of the lack of the required CC... Maybe someday Rolling Eyes

But on the other hand, I love TS3 because playwise it's much more suitable for me.. I have always concentrated on one special family and it was frustrating to go and age up the numerous offspring of my legacy sims, nowadays I don't have to do it anymore...

I wish I could have them both, but I'll just stick with TS3... And that's because I sold my TS2 games to my second cousin Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://breakfast-at-s.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?   The Sims 3 or The Sims 2? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 or The Sims 2?
Page 1 of 1